Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweater Day!




Though it's normal here in the Philippines to have rainy days, I felt different today about it. Since early dawn, mild rain started to pour. I woke up around 5 am but it was still very dark outside. I went back to sleep. After some alarms, I woke up again and hei...it's already 7 in the morning. Remember that our time in's at school is at 7:10 am. I did not rush , instead I enjoyed the natural cool breeze and enjoying the rain a little. I arrived at school around 8:05 am. I thought I was the only one who was late but I was wrong. Mam Jocy just arrived few minutes after I came in. Sir Dexter and Mam Josephine arrived an hour after me.




The rain continued to pour the whole of the morning and even harder as the day continued. At school, it's so nice to see the umbrellas rested in one corner... motionless colorful stuffs. I prefer this kind of weather than hot and humid ones. What thrilled me most are the stylistic sweaters worn by students and teachers alike. It's so enticing to see people wearing it in a tropical Philippines. Well maybe I'm just so impressed how the people of the West wear their clothes but wearing like that in the Philippines at this very moment is not a total copycat. It just fit to the kind of day we have. I enjoyed watching the rain as it continue to pour throughout the morning. I even turned off the aircon of Generosity during the last period since I want to save electricity and I want them to feel and even appreciate the wonder of nature.




The Department of Education decided to cut the class into the morning only due to the fear of flashed floods. Right now in Cagayan de Oro City, the down town is drowned due to heavy rains. Even here in Davao, too much heavy rain will make the Downtown area flooded since it's very lowlying and we're very close to the sea. When the water fom the nearby mountains will go down and at the same time the ocean level will rise, the major roads will be flooded. Poor drainage system too is one cause. But I still enjoyed the day. I went home around 2:00 in the afternoon and it's still raining. I slept for about two hours and and then I went to my sister at Agdao public market cause I missed her. She let me watched a comedy film which is very very cute ... Dirty Love. It's passed 7:oo already so I went back to the bhaus. Though I usually walk, this time even it was very cold and people around me are wearing sweater cause it's still showering, I still decided to walk and feel the natural coolness we rarely have here in this tropical paradise. I enjoyed every bit of it as I walked going home. It's so nice to see people are wearing colorful and trendy sweater to help the human body being at warm. As I arrived at the bhaus, I dig in my laundry basket (he he he he he) and I wore also my black BoardWalk sweater. I feel more comfortable then and I headed to Blue Carabao for my dinner.
This is really a beautiful day with a beautiful weather wearing beautiful clothes.

No comments: