Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Great Events!

Too long since the last post... It's been for ages already but so many things happened actually that kept me busy.

First was that, I had my first graduation ceremony at Davao Christian High. It was a simple program and it was very touching to see my students closing their high school years.

The seniors night followed on the next day. It was held at the famous Waterfront Insular Hotel in Lanang. I like the setting though the hall did not impress me much. Very plain arrangement and decoration. The carpet saved the looks of the place. It was thick and fashionable. I was amazed seeing the students dressed in their very stylistic gowns and tux. I gave a short speech as an advice for them as they are going to face a new chapter in their lives. The guys of course wanted to have a drink.. and who else that was so eager for it. Paolo Tan of course... he ordered Bloody Mary for both of us at the bar of the hotel. There was a band and the guys danced! Just imagine the scene. Well, they deserved such celebration. We then hop the city looking for a place for more celebration and we found Gabbie's place. Drunk and happy, we then check-in at Sequoia Inn, the 15 of us. It was a memorable night.


After a very tiring but a very rewarding job, the teachers had an outing at Wow Kiss Beach Resort at Sta. Maria, Davao del Sur. It's my first time to have fellowship with them outside the school. We stayed there for two days and I was really having fun with the sea and the shore. Shore, because I was the the shoreline early morning on our second day there because I can't afford to see that such awesome scenery will be destructed by the trashes caused by the heavy rains during the previous night. It was a worthy job!

Thank GOD that HE gave me this very rare opportunity to teach summer classes at Davao Christian High. I teach Math to the incoming freshmen and those who fail in Intermediate Algebra. Wooooow.... It was a tough job. It's really difficult to teach Math! Anyway, I learned a lot from their attitudes. How to handle them and how to deal with them.

So... three more days to go and the summer class will going to end. Hopefully, I can have my vacation next week.

So that's it! A summer well spent so far! ;-)

No comments: